Tuesday 27 September 2011

On the eve of departure.....

I have now declared myself to be off duty as Vicar of Borrowdale and it feels good! We have both been feeling that two months is a long time to be away but no doubt it will fly! Jessica has it all in a folder - the trip I mean - with all the vouchers printed! Terry got a new posh rucksack for his "about to be 70" birthday from his three children - he wonders about checking it in in case it gets thrown under the plane - don't worry - something my father said at Harare airport in 1981! Talking of Terry - several weeks ago to my aghast disbelief I realised that I had booked his ticket as TERRY Pye when his passport says JOSEPH! I have never done that before. Oh my! I eventually had to cancel that booking and start again losing a chunk of money in the process. It took me two weeks to tell him. But I reckon God was good because if I hadn't noticed it - imagine getting to Heathrow with the wrong man so to speak!

3 comments:

  1. This is son no. 2, testing comments for mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is a McSon testing comments... Looks like you're all set for a good one! Looking forward to a farewell lunch on Sunday in Pretoria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Gay and Terry!
    Have an amazing time. Safe travels. Wish we were coming with you...well maybe not for the whole 3 months but 2 weeks would have been enough time to create usual comedy moments of being in a foreign country with my favourite inlaws!
    Love,
    Conrad & Liz.

    ReplyDelete